Re: High School Health Physics

My problem with using the EPA website is that it preaches LNT as scientific
gospel without reference to other possibilities.  This complicates our
efforts to get the whole story out.  Personally, in such lectures I
demonstrate how/when/why LNT was adopted, why it is good for RADIATION
PROTECTION PURPOSES, then explain the other two possibilities
(linear/hormesis) without attempt to sell or endorse any of the three
theories.  The most common reaction is something to the effect -"maybe low
level radiation risk is being exaggerated a little too much."  When asked
point blank which theory I subscribe to, I tell them "in my opinion the jury
is still out" and encourage them to do their own research on all three
theories in all available resources.

Harry
303.966.2708
Harold.Reynolds@RFETS.gov