Question

          Radsafe Medical Folks,

          This question came to a power reactor person and we don't
          have a good answer.  Can you offer any info?  Please reply to
          me.  Thanks.

          Dick Warnock, CHP
          warnocrv@songs.sce.com

          A woman will be undergoing X-ray treatment to her right
          breast.  One of her co-workers had similar treatment and got
          very sick toward the end.

          If the x-ray beam is directed at the breast why would a
          person feel ill in the rest of her body?  The beam will be
          aimed across the chest not down into the chest.

          My best guess is that she is to receive 5000 rad locally
          over 25 days.