Re: ICRP/NCRP Risk Factor Use

Lets considerer a different way:

If, for example, the collective dose in a given year was 200 man.Sv, using a
risk-dose conversion value of 5 E-2 per Sv  (Instead 4 E-2, to be coherent
with the ICRP 60), 10 excess cancer deaths would be expected. This would
apply equally to a population of 10,000 people each receiving 0.02 Sv, and
to a population of 200,000 people each receiving 0.001 Sv, even though the
risk to individuals in the two populations would differ by a factor of 20

J. J. Rozental <josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
Israel