RE: ICRP/NCRP Risk Factor Use -Reply

Thanks to all who responded to my query!  I agree with the
problematic use of this risk estimation at such low levels, but it's a
system I have to work within (for now).

The problem -- NEPA's mandate of this approach -- is analogous to
turning a galloping horse.  You don't jump in front of it or you'll get
trampled.  You ride along side, hop on and grab the reins, slow it
down and THEN turn......  Is anyone riding this horse?

Michael
mford@pantex.com