RE: Calling all laser experts

This post below is not quite correct.  Class 2 lasers rely on the aversion
response, which is why the Accessible Exposure Limits for these visible lasers
are based on a 0.25 exposure and limit their power to less than 1 milliwatt.
This is not true for Class 3a, which can be up to 5 milliwatt, hence the problem
with these consumer products.  True, the probability of retinal damage is small,
it is not ZERO.

Read the paper.

jal