RE: Calling all laser experts

One of our suppliers recently gave one of our people a gift of a laser
pointer emblazoned with their tradename. At the "business end" of the
pointer was a minuscule laser warning label which could not be read except
with a magnifying glass, and even then it was blurry. Through the magnifying
glass, we could make out that this was a class IIIa laser, and also that its
output was 5 Mw [sic]. Of course its a typo, but taken literally it
signifies a five megawatt laser. "Use the force, Luke."

Bruce Pickett
The Boeing Company
Seattle, WA