Re: Re[2]: Open health physics position at NYSDEC -Reply-Reply

Kim,

Perhaps I over-stated the case, but I did say and mean qualifications, not
certification.  While HPS membership is not proof of HP qualifications, certainly not
in the league with your NRRPT Registration, it does indicate an interest in the
profession.  Interest alone is a significant step up from what I have seen in a
number of  state employees.

As you know, Illinois is a special case.  I do not know how far back it goes, but
certainly since the TMI accident in 1979, the Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety
has been one of the best.

Certification is something else again; it is rare even in State Radiation Control
Program Directors.  Aubrey Godwin in AZ and Ed Bailey in CA are certified but I
am not sure about anyone else.  Of course, Ruth McBurney is certified but she is
no longer the Texas RCPD.

All personal opinion, of course.

Charlie Willis
caw@nrc.gov