Re: Re[2]: Open health physics position at NYSDEC -Reply

Date sent:      	Thu, 29 Oct 1998 08:21:09 -0600 (CST)

Send reply to:  	radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

From:           	Charles Willis <<CAW@nrc.gov>

To:             	Multiple recipients of list <<radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>

Subject:        	Re: Re[2]: Open health physics position at NYSDEC -Reply

> Certification is something else again; it is rare even in State Radiation

> Control Program Directors.  Aubrey Godwin in AZ and Ed Bailey in CA are

> certified but I am not sure about anyone else.  Of course, Ruth McBurney

> is certified but she is no longer the Texas RCPD.

<bold>Point of order please!   Ruth McBurney is a CHP, but has never been the
Texas RCPD.  As the Director of the Division of Licensing, Registration
and Standards, she is the "number two" person in the Agency, from
which position she has accomplished the reputation that you know her
for.  At least four other members of the Agency are CHP's also, but that
does not automatically project them into the top positions.

</bold>I agree about the salaries being too low...Senior HP's at Texas A&M University
make more than the state regulators responsible for licensing and inspecting
the operations at TAMU.  And that is even another state Agency!  Even
amoung state institutions, there are large variations in salarys... The University
of Texas at Austin HP's pay scale is lower than the Agency's...

<nofill>
Clarence W. Dittman, Health Physicist
Radiation Control Program Manager
Texas Department of Health