Re: Does Size Matter? -Reply

My colleague here at the USTUR, Barry Jacobson and I attempted to
scientifically find the answer to the subject question by looking at dog
data available through the National Radiobiology Archives.  Specifically we
looked at lung cancers in dogs of the same age but of different size given
the same dose (ie activity per gram of lung mass) of Pu on the theory that
the larger the dog, the more cells in the lung.  We were unable to detect a
difference that was related to size.  However, this is clearly not a
definitive study as the statistical power was very low.

Ron Kathren