Re: Food Irradiation

To Ted's question, I am not aware of any data that supports the
contention made by the Pure Food Campaign. In the various
debates and articles published, this allegation has never been
addressed, raised or discussed ... specifically by the scientific
community. On the contrary, the benefits have been lauded due to
lower risk of various diseases that have been mitigated.

I wonder if the allegation being made is directed at animals eating
irradiated foods, why no issue is being raised about humans eating
irradiated foods? If there is the causal relationship for animals, why
not for mankind? It appears the tactic is to increase public fears
that they will be eating diseased animals riddled with cancers and
heart disease. This is my opinion of course.