Lower limit for SCO 1 classification

Radsafers,
	A review of 49CFR173 gives the upper limits for SCO 1 classification as
22000 dpm/100 cm2 beta gamma and 2200 dpm/100cm2 alpha transferable. NUREG
1608 provides some additional guidance, however, I have two questions:

1.  Do these limits include the 10% smearing efficiency correction like
49CFR173 Table 11 limits?  I have heard that they do not.

2.  What are the lower limits for the SCO 1 classification?  One document I
have seen states this limit as 2200 dpm/100cm2 beta and 220 dpm/100 cm2
alpha TOTAL (fixed plus transferable).

Can any of you DOT-meisters provide some clarification here?  Please
respond via private email if you do not think this is worthy of RadSafe
bandwidth.

Thanks,
Kelly

Kelly Ausbrooks