RE: Food Irradiation

Hi all,

The Current Issue of Modern Maturity (Nov-Dec) is at:

 http://www.aarp.org/mmaturity/nov_dec98/home.html

The article on food irradiation is under LIFE LINES, but is not (yet?)
on-line.  Is anyone planning on sending a letter to the editor in
response? I would think it would be best if a AARP member would...
[opinion]

Pure Food group, if its the same one I have "talked" with, has a web site
at: http://www.pure-food.com/

They have mis-leading information (no surprise), plus much that is out of
date or out of context or just wrong.  Nothing new to say, same old
arguments.

We have a web page with info and links on food irradiation:
 http://www.physics.isu.edu/radinf/food.htm

Bruce A. Busby    -     Radiation Health Physicist
W- bab1303@doh.wa.gov      H-babusby@aol.com
Rad Prot. Div. - Dept. of Health - Washington State
7171 Cleanwater Lane, Bldg. 5   Olympia, WA  98504