Re: Pet facility and F-18

Dear Sim

No you are not missing anything!
I have calculated a PET room for F-18 , with a workload of 50
mCi.hr/week,assuming an occupancy factor of 1 ,a permissible dose of
2mRem/hr, at a distance of 3m to the wall. I got 2.7 mm Pb or 5 cm concrete.

Remember that it's advantageous to use concrete at this energy range
( the TVL for concrete is 22 cm and for Pb is 1.329 cm).

Sergio

Sergio Faermann, Ph.D.                         Tel: 972-7-6403301
Department of Oncology                         Fax: 972-7-6232336
Soroka University Medical Center
P.O.B 151                         E-mail:sergio@bgumail.bgu.ac.il
Beer-Sheva, Israel 84101