Lost/Contaminated/Damaged Dosimeter Investigations

Dear Radsafers,

I am preparing a presentation on justifying the performance of thorough
investigations (to estimate more accurately occupational doses) by RSOs for
events in which whole-body or extremity dosimeters have been lost, damaged
or contaminated.  I understand that on occasions the dose is assigned by
averaging previous dose history of the individual in question, by using the
dose received by a co-worker performing similar tasks, etc.

I just want to use some good examples to help justify the need for such
investigations. There is no need to mention specific names or institutions.

Please reply to me directly at rmichel@iastate.edu.  Once the information is
compiled, I will be happy to share it with the rest of the Radsafe
community.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,

 -René

René Michel