Re: smoke sticks?

>We are looking for smoke sticks for Air Flow studies.  Our current ones
>put out more smoke than is convenient (sometimes hard to see which way
>the air is flowing when the entire room is filled).  We prefer ones that
>are clean room approved and easily accessible.

Wes--If you are using smoke for visualization of airflow in hoods, through
doors and other openings and other smaller scale stuff, dry ice in warm
water works really well.  I use it extensively to check capture of fume hoods,
room pressurization, etc.  No residue and an inexpensive (20 cents/lb.)
starting material are real advantages.  No problems in a clean room
environment, either.  For larger cfm requirements, checking plenum
fume hood exhausts, etc., I haven't found a good work around for smoke
candles.  My $.02.  Tom Shelley