Hologic X-ray Bone Densitometer

I am looking for guidance in facility design to accommodate a Hologic QDR-1500
bone densitometer. I would like to receive an isodose map for the Hologic
QDR-1500 if someone could provide me one.

I was informed that our institution is purchasing a Hologic QDR-1500 whole body
x-ray bone densitometer. I contacted the manufacturer and was very surprised to
learn how hard it was to obtain even a spec. sheet of the QDR-1500 from them. I
was told to contact customer service of the Hologic for information and I did.
It was very difficult to communicate with them because they didn't seem to know
about the equipment. Every question I had which were simple such as peak
voltage and current, I was put on hold for few minutes. They told me that there
were no facility design requirement. We only need to have a 115 Volt/20 Amp
electrical outlet. They may be right but I am not convinced yet. According to
the spec. sheet, patient dose (stated as entrance dose and I assumed as skin
dose) is 5 mR per spine and hip scan at performance mode and  2 mR at fast
mode. I contacted our State office and I was advised not rely on the
manufacturer's spec. completely as their goal and ours are not the same.

Peak voltage is 70 kVp/140kVp and I still don't have the current rating.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. M. Jo

Myung Chul Jo, RSO
EH&S, Mail Stop 328
University of Nevada, Reno
Reno, Nevada 89557