RE: NRCP 51

Wes,
There are two committees working on the update to NCRP Report No. 51.
The first(Scientific Committee 46-8) chaired by Ralph Thomas, is titled
"RadiationProtection Guidelines for Particle Accelerator Facilities" and
is focused on NON_MEDICAL accelerators.  I expect that it will be ready
for review by the Council by early Spring.  Look for the draft to be
posted on the NCRP website at http://www.ncrp.com.

The second committee, chaired by Jim Deye, is a joint effort between
NCRP (SC 46-13) and AAPM (TG57).  Its focus is on MEDICAL accelerators.
An outline of that report and a place to comment can be found on the
AAPM website: http://aapm.org/pubs/TG57/.  It is not as far along as SC
46-8.
Eric Kearsley
NCRP