Re: Authorized User under 10 CFR 35

I concur. Many people don't recognize this important distinction.

chris alston
I'm not here representing my employer.

At 11:26  11/27/98 -0600, you wrote:
According to 10 CFR 35.2, an authorized user is one who administers (or
supervises the administration of) either internally or externally, byproduct
material or the radiation
therefrom to patients or human research subjects. I take from this, that
anyone who prescribes a dosage must be an authorized user. However, not
being an authorized user, does not preclude someone from reading and
clinically interperting an image made using licensed radioactive materials.
This latter case falls under the auspices of clinical privileges. Dose
everyone/anyone concur or disagree?

John C. Erb
email: John_C_Erb@prodigy.net