RE: Authorized User under 10 CFR 35

NRC Reg Guide 10.8 discusses this topic.
Authorized users involved in medical use have the following special
responsibilities:
1.  Examination of patients and medical records to determine if a
radiation procedure is appropriate;
2. Prescription of the radiation dosage or dose and how it is to be
administered;
3. Actual use of, or direction of technologist or other paramedical
personnel in the use of, byproduct material; and
4.  Interpretation of results of diagnostic procedures and evaluation of
results of therapy procedures.

Numbers 1 through 4 may be delegated to a physician who is under the
supervision of an authorized user.

Mark L. Mays, Chief
Radiation Safety
(937) 257-2010 x208
DSN 787-2010
mailto: mark.mays@wrigem.wpafb.af.mil

I concur. Many people don't recognize this important distinction.

chris alston
I'm not here representing my employer.