DOE Site Question

We are bound by contract to follow the DOE RadCon Manual and have a question about how DOE sites are handling the following requirement.

Daily radiation surveys are required for offices located in Radiological Buffer Areas where potential for external exposure exists.

We currently have technicians go out and check these areas daily.  We are wondering if other sites are following this requirement and if they are using other methods to comply.

Please reply directly to:

David Biela
bielad@wv.doe.gov
716-942-4423