Re: Cs-137 levels in South FL soils -Reply

It's quite true; Cs-137 can be easily detected most anywhere. I recently collected 1000
mL samples of wood stove ash from trees indigenous to Vermont. Counting the ash on a 30%
HPGe MCA revealed close to 1 pCi/gram of Cs-137 in the ash. I have heard of similar
results from other parts of the country.

David Andrews, RRPT
Vermont Yankee NPC