Re: Breast-cancer patient gets radiation overdose -Reply-Reply

I'm not sure, but I read the message differently because it says
"Laramore said the center is taking (my emphasis) several fail safe
measures to prevent future accidents:  ... and then one of the things he
mentions is that "on the first day of treatment, the patient will wear a
device...."  I read that as saying that this was something they are now
implementing. Had they already been doing that, it would be REALLY
hard to explain how they couldn't have noticed this after the first
treatment.

kkaufman@dhs.co.la.ca.us

>>> "Sandy Perle" <sandyfl@earthlink.net> 12/08/98 03:37pm >>>
> According to the email message, this facility was not doing treatment
> verification- they now plan to do so!

Unless I am mis-interpreting what Kathleen is saying above, the
news article said that this facility instituted a verification program
after the 1994 incident.

Sandy Perle
E-Mail: sandyfl@earthlink.net
Personal Website: http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/1205