Re: neutron fluxes

At 09:38 AM 12/10/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I am looking for references for neutron fluxes from different sources.
>Specifically 238PuBe; 239PuBe; and 244Cm.

Denny,

The following references might be of use. However, as I just performed some dose rate calculations for 238PuBe sources, I will caution you that these references contain limited information on 238Pu. Much more information exists for 239PuBe sources. In addition, I have included a reference for the SOURCES 3A code which can be used to generate your own neutron yield/spectra.  If you come across some other references, please let me know (I'd like to add them to my file).

E.A. Lorch, "Neutron Spectra of 241AmB, 241AmBe, 241AmF, 242CmBe, 238PuC and 252Cf Isotopic Neutron Sources," International Journal of Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 1973, Vol 24, pp 585-591

M.E. Anderson and R.A. Neff, "Neutron Energy Spectra of Different Size 239PuBe (alpha,n) Sources," Nuclear Instruments and Methods 99, 1972 pp 231-235

Knoll, G. F., “Radiation Detection and Measurement,” 2nd Edition, John Wiley & Sons, 1989.

Profio, A. E., “Radiation Shielding and Dosimetry,” John Wiley and Sons, 1979.

Shleien, B., L. A. Slaback, and B. K. Birky, Eds., “Handbook of Health Physics and Radiological Health,” 3rd Edition, Williams and Wilkens, 1998.

Cierjacks, S., Ed., “Neutron Sources for Basic Physics and Applications,” Nuclear Energy Agency, Nuclear Data Committee Series, Pergamon Press, 1983.

Wilson, W. B., et al, “SOURCES-3A: A Code for Calculating (alpha,n), Spontaneous Fission, and Delayed Neutron Sources and Spectra,” Los Alamos National Laboratory Report LA-UR-97-4365, 1997.

Attix, F.H. and E. Tochilin, Eds., “Radiation Dosimetry,” Second Edition, Vol III, 1969.

Best Regards,
erik
--
Erik F. Shores