Re: Group wants nuke plants shut if not Y2K compliant + Business

> Business Group Challenges Nuclear Ads - (STATEWIDE) -- The
> national Better Business Bureau is asking a trade group to stop
> calling nuclear power ``environmentally clean''. The move is the
> result of a complaint brought by the Vermont-based Clean Energy
> Group and several other organizations. The bureau wants the
> Nuclear Energy Institute to stop touting the cleanliness of nuclear
> power when it fails to mention radioactive waste and air pollution in
> its ads. The institute objects to the bureau's decision, which isn't
> legally binding. But it's agreed to consider the issue in
> future ads.

By the same token shouldn't those who tout solar energy as clean be
required to " come clean" about the toxic waste from expired solar
cells such a gallium arsinide and similar toxic wastes from which the
general public will have to be protected? I'll wager there are toxic
and/or hazardous wastes associated with wind generated electricity
also.
<>    Charles R. (Russ) Meyer                  <>
<> Email:charles.meyer@tdh.state.tx.us
<>     Phone:(512)834-6688                       <>
<>        Fax:(512)834-6654                        <>