Re: Accidents At Sea

>Radsafers,
>
>My present project requires research of ship accidents involving radioactive
>materials.  Accustomed to shipments by truck or train, I am having
>difficulty in
>finding such references.  Can anyone help?
>
>Many thanks,
>
>Brian Bailey
>H&R Technical Associates, Inc.
>(423) 483-0248
>bbailey@handrtech.com

Brian,

I suspect you're having difficulty in your search not so much because the
record is scant but rather, the number of maritime incidents involving RAM
is probably very small. Personally, I'm aware of only a few incidents at
sea and all of them involve nuclear powered naval vessels.

Ray
Ray Russ
Operational Health Physics Group
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center