Re: Misinformed Humour

<< ubj:	 Misinformed Humour
 Date:	98-12-16 19:56:53 EST
 From:	AllanK@nch.edu.au (Allan Kemp)
 Sender:	radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
 Reply-to:	radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
 To:	radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu (Multiple recipients of list)

 Hi to all,

 I am not a physicist. I am a diagnostic radiographer, and have been
 enjoying this forum as a means of learning a lot about radiation in all its
 forms and the associated problems etc.

 I am very disappointed that this issue has been raised by this group. If
 the discussion had been kept to the radiation issues, it may have been
 beneficial, but unfortunately the tone has degenerated into a slinging
 match.

 I agree that this is not a political forum. Readers who want to increase
 their knowledge should look into the socio-economic hsiroty of the area,
 and it will alarm you as to how the Western world has been manipulating
 this region for centuries. Kuwait did not exist as a country until after
 the2nd World War. It was set up by the Allies, and in fact a lot of the
 borders that now exist, only do as a result of the Western worlds
 attempts to control this area and divide it up. There is a lot more also, so
it
 is a very complex issue, and people should look with open eyes and
 minds.

 I would group into one basket, anyone that would want to develop
 weapons of mass destruction- armaments that are fitted with radioctive
 sources, nuclear weapons, biological and chemical weapons. These are
 evil and do not do anything to buld up our status as intelligent human
 beings. We seem to be condemmed with repeating history constantly.

 We are against Iraq because it will not comply with the UN sanctions, yet
 we are engaged in the most horrific enterprises.  Who supported Iraq
 during the Iraq/Iran war? Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
 Its all about dominance and money, and to hell with the poor innocent
 victims.

 This is not a complete story as there are many stories which make up the
 complete picture. I don't have all the answers and neither does anyone
 else, so lets stop the slinging match.It is unhealthy.

 I would hope that this forum can get back on track soon.

 Allan Kemp
 MRI research Radiographer
 The New Childrens Hospital
 Westmead NSW Australia.

My comment is simply, if you feel this is the wrong forum for this type of
discussion, why are you on your soap box?  Your comment was longer than most
of the others.

If you don't want to read them, then delete them.

Thomas M. Hull
Kennewick, WA
hulltmsr@aol.com