Misinformed Humour

Hi to all,

I am not a physicist. I am a diagnostic radiographer, and have been
enjoying this forum as a means of learning a lot about radiation in all its
forms and the associated problems etc.

I am very disappointed that this issue has been raised by this group. If
the discussion had been kept to the radiation issues, it may have been
beneficial, but unfortunately the tone has degenerated into a slinging
match.

I agree that this is not a political forum. Readers who want to increase
their knowledge should look into the socio-economic hsiroty of the area,
and it will alarm you as to how the Western world has been manipulating
this region for centuries. Kuwait did not exist as a country until after
the2nd World War. It was set up by the Allies, and in fact a lot of the
borders that now exist, only do as a result of the Western worlds
attempts to control this area and divide it up. There is a lot more also, so it
is a very complex issue, and people should look with open eyes and
minds.

I would group into one basket, anyone that would want to develop
weapons of mass destruction- armaments that are fitted with radioctive
sources, nuclear weapons, biological and chemical weapons. These are
evil and do not do anything to buld up our status as intelligent human
beings. We seem to be condemmed with repeating history constantly.

We are against Iraq because it will not comply with the UN sanctions, yet
we are engaged in the most horrific enterprises.  Who supported Iraq
during the Iraq/Iran war? Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
Its all about dominance and money, and to hell with the poor innocent
victims.

This is not a complete story as there are many stories which make up the
complete picture. I don't have all the answers and neither does anyone
else, so lets stop the slinging match.It is unhealthy.

I would hope that this forum can get back on track soon.

Allan Kemp
MRI research Radiographer
The New Childrens Hospital
Westmead NSW Australia.