Re: DU issues

I would also like to chime in support of Phillips statement.  I my share of
time with armor (Bradleys not M1s) and as an NBC officer.  The comments
made were on target.  Both radiological and on the actual conduct of war.
Most of the comments made by non-military personnel tend to be too heavily
influenced by TV (news and rambo) and do not understand the art and conduct
of waging war.  I wish the comments of  Mr. Hypes and Mr. Haas  would be
somehow repeated in the popular press along with the inflammatory statement
given with out concern for the truth.  Those kind of unsubstantiated
statements should not be published.  It will just feed  to an anti
radioisotope anti war furor.

Joe Provost
Dept of Chemistry
Moorhead State University