Re: Shipment of Radioactive Material

My husband was just looking at his classic car policy last week and brought
up this subject.  It has two separate exclusions related to nuclear
material:

"We do not provide Liability Coverage for any person:
  ... several items skipped ...
For 'bodily injury' or property damage' for which that person:
a. in an insured under a nuclear energy liability policy; or b. would be an
insured under a nuclear energy liability policy but for tits termination
upon exhaustion of its limit of liability.
A nuclear energy liability policy is a policy issued by any of the
following or their successors: a. American Nuclear Insurers; b. Mutual
Atomic Energy Liability Underwriters; or Nuclear Insurance Association of
Canada."

The second exclusion reads:  "We will not pay for:
Loss due to nuclear reaction, nuclear radiation or radioactive
contamination.  We will pay for direct loss by fire resulting from any of
these."

We had an older policy on this car that excluded pretty much anything
caused by "radioactive material," including fire caused by it, so this
seems pretty liberal in comparison.  Although I thought I had seen it in
the past, I couldn't find a similar statement in our standard car policies.

Liz Brackett