Re[3]: Help with Size-Reducing Gloveboxes

Why not just fill the gloveboxes with polyurethane foam, which becomes a
lightweight solid, rather than cutting them up?  [You guys obviously are a bunch
of cutups  (-:  ].

Sounds as if you guys need to decon the inside of the boxes more than you are
doing, if at all, prior to cutting them up.

Maybe using a saw that cuts metal would generate fewer non-respirable particles
than using an acetylene torch.

How about placing a high pressure hose or a small fan inside the gloveboxes to
resuspend the material.  Simultaneously, purge the gloveboxes with nitrogen gas.
I suspect a significant number of the particles will be trapped in the box
outlet HEPA filter(s), assuming the boxes are under negative pressure.

I don't know what fixative you are using, but spraying the inside of the boxes
with Krylon paint works well.  Colored paint will show you what surfaces have
been sprayed.

Maybe a strippable paint would work.

Good luck on this.