Ad - CHP Exam Distance Study Groups

     Fellow Radsafers:

     E-mail/listserver distance study groups for Parts I and II of the CHP
     Exam are now forming.  The study groups will begin in mid January 1999
     and continue through exam time.

     These distance study groups provide a focused study cohort for Parts I
     and II of the CHP Exam.  The groups work and review weekly assignments
     of past CHP examinations and other related problems of interest to the
     groups.  There are also continuous discussions of questions, theory,
     resources, and references related to the various exam rubrics as well
     as discussion of study tips and problem solution methods.

     Last year's groups, initiated and facilitated by Chuck McLendon, P.E.,
     C.I.H., Texas Department of Health, included professionals from a broad
     variety of HP disciplines.  Many of the 1998 group participants were
     successful in passing Parts I and / or II of the CHP examination.
     Feedback about the E-mail Study Group from those who passed indicated
     that participation in the study groups was a major factor in their
     successes.

     The distance study groups are of particular interest to HP
     professionals:

          located where access to formal CHP exam study groups is not
          available locally

          located where there may be few other HPs similarly interested
          in studying for the examinations

          who otherwise may not be able to attend a CHP Exam
          preparation/review course

     Anyone interested in sitting for the 1999 CHP Exam is welcome to
     participate in the study groups.

     If you are interested in joining the CHP Exam Distance Study Groups, or
     know someone who is, contact:

          Chuck McLendon
          E-mail:       Chuck.Mclendon@tdh.state.tx.us
          Telephone:    512-834-6688, Ext. 2230

          Henry Rose
          E-mail:       roseb@gdls.com
          Telephone:    419-221-8588

     Contact by e-mail is preferred.  Address e-mail replies to both Chuck
     and Henry.

     Henry

     alpha*beta*gamma*neutron*xray*alpha*beta*gamma

     Boyd H. Rose, CIH, CM, AAHP(A)
     Radiation Protection Officer
     General Dynamics Land Systems Division
     1161 Buckeye Road
     Mail Zone 483-08-01
     Lima, Ohio 45804-1825
     E-mail:    roseb@gdls.com
     Telephone: (419) 221-8588
     Fax:       (419) 221-7026

     *xray*alpha*beta*gamma*neutron*xray*alpha*beta