training at annual meeting

I have been talking to some folks about the possibility of arranging to
have the 24 hour HazMat training offered at the Annual meeting this
summer in Philadelphia. [The meeting itself will be June 26th to July
1,1999.] My original thought was a Saturday and Sunday prior to the
meeting [like a PEP course] and another 8 hours during the meeting
 [perhaps 2 - four hour sessions?]  I was assuming that others may have
new employees that need the training and that the annual meeting might
be a good place to send them for it.  This way they could get required
training and attend some of the meeting sessions as well.  This might
even encourage some employers to allow employees to go to the annual
meeting, knowing that required training would be offered there.

I think they are receptive to 8 hour HazMat refresher training or 8 hour
DOT RAM shipper training, but are unsure about offering 24 hours on one
topic. So I have offered to get info about how many people would be
interested in having this training offered at the annual meeting [or
perhaps just before/after the meeting so it could be done during the
same business trip. Many folks try to do a Saturday stay over for
reduced airfare anyway.]
If you are interested, please email me at the address below and I will
forward number of individual likely to attend such a training if offered
to them. [I'll also post the results on Radsafe.]  If you have a
preference for the weekend before or after the meeting for the 24 Hour
training, please let me know.

Thanks for your input.
Aggie
Agnes.Barlow@Yale.edu