Re: WHATARETHEY?

Hi Jim

Got the picture...

I would guess some type of  thorium alloy [duh], maybe used in aircraft
applications [guess], though I have not seen them before. The percentage
seems ok, very similar to weld rods.  Do you have a specific
gravity/density? You could make a guess on the alloy based on that (Mo,
Al, Fe, Ti, Steel, wood.... ) . Maybe Bill Kolb
(William.Kolb@faa.dot.gov) or Paul Frame (FRAMEP@ORAU.GOV) will have a
better idea...

btw... its not a good idea to send MIME type or attached files to Radsafe
(or other newsgroups). Be better to put it on a server somewhere, and
have interested folks "visit" it... with WWW browsers and all.  An
encoded file like that is a lot of load for the server to take,  sending
out 3,000 to the list.

Bruce A. Busby    -     Radiation Health Physicist
W- bab1303@doh.wa.gov      H-babusby@aol.com
Rad Prot. Div. - Dept. of Health - Washington State
7171 Cleanwater Lane, Bldg. 5   Olympia, WA  98504