PuBe Recovery Program

What is the PuBe Recovery Program?  My organization tracks DOE Environmental Management issues, so I am curious about what additional responsibilities this underfunded office is taking on . . . and why.  Any details would be most appreciated, especially why this might be a bad idea.

Regards,
Susan Gawarecki

On October 1, 1998 the management of the PuBe Recovery Program at Los
Alamos was transferred from DOE/HQ Defense Programs, to DOE/HQ
Environmental Management.  DOE/EM has made the decision to not fund Los
Alamos to process any sources.  I am EMPHATICALLY against this decision
and
feel I have no other recourse than to resign my position as the
Radioactive
Source Recovery Program (RSRP) Coordinator, effective immediately.

Please refer all questions to DOE.

It has been great working with all of you, and I will truly miss you.

Good Luck,

Sherry W. Jones

--
Susan L. Gawarecki, Executive Director
Oak Ridge Reservation Local Oversight Committee