Re[2]: Counting Statistics

     As a substitute for the contaminant suggest you procure and use a
     Ga-68 (68 min half-life) generator.  "Elute It and Pollute It" using
     the liquid in a syringe or on a Q-tip, depending on your objective.
     Within 10 hours, it's gone (for practical purposes), and the Ge-68
     parent breakthrough has not been shown to be a problem.  Incidentally,
     it's great for contaminating laboratory surfaces and anti-C's.  If you
     use it for surfaces you want to decon, be sure to neutralize the GaCl
     eluate (HCl is used to as the eluant/eluent to elute it) with NaOH
     (same normality), and add chelating agent (e.g., EDTA or DPTA)   to
     the solution.  Doing this will allow surfaces to be deconed easily if,
     after you demonstrate finding the contamination with a survey meter
     (pancake probe, etc.), you want to determine/demonstrate how effective
     the decontamination effort (using a gauze pad and water) has been.
     Even the item you use to decon with can be disposed as normal trash
     following decay.

     If the above is not possible for you to do (the generators are fairly
     expensive), suggest you use talcum or baby powder and the black light.

     I can't tell you where to get black lights, if that is what you need.
     But I suspect you can find those is scientific equipment catalogs as
     well as on the Internet.