History of X-Rays

Hello,

I received an email from a couple of high school students who are doing a project on the history of x-rays and how they have changed the medical industry.  Does anyone have any good references or web sites to help them?

Their original message is as follows:

We are two students from Florida working on a history fair
project about the way the xray machine has changed history in the
medical field. We would like to know if you would be able to send us any
information about how the machine has changed history or if we could
send you any questions we might have. Thank you for your time.

Thank you.

--
Johannes "Fritz" Strydom
Health Physicist