Re: High School Level Radiation Education Curriculum?

The series "Science, Society and America's Nuclear Waste" is pretty good,
although it is long enough to make a whole semester course out of.  It is a
DOE publication out of the Office of Civilian Rad Waste Management,
publication number DOE/RW-0361 SR.  The phone number in the book is
1-800-225-6972 but I have never called it to see if it still good.

I also found that the Las Alamos Science #22, 1995 adapts easily to high
school level education.  It is the one on the Human Radiation Experiments.
You may want to contact Dr. Debra Thrall at Sandia Prep in ABQ, she has
been my source for good educational materials.  There is also another
teacher at Santa Fe Prep, but I can't recall his name though, Deb can give
it to you.  They both have taken DOE workshops on educating high school
kids in nuclear science.

| | | |__  Safety Support Officer, Physics & Space Technolgy
| | \___/  Lawrence Livermore National Labs
| \___/    merritt9@llnl.gov
\___/      Voice: (925)423-1143   Fax: (925)423-1088
	   "When the only tool you have is a hammer,
	   every problem begins to resemble a nail."
	   -Abraham Maslow