Subject: Re: Re[2]: Radiography Events
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at guardian
Date:    1/20/99 7:20 AM

I hate to be a nitpicker, but since we have an archive that can be searched on
the web by students of all ages, (another current question) I feel I must.

>   So that you won't 'gnash your
>    teeth' unnecessarily, because of this error, as this error use to
>    cause me to do, apply a QF/radiation weighting factor of 1, and the
>    rad (Gy) becomes the rem (Sv). For peace of mind, if you can't beat
>    them, join them, even though they are wrong.  However, never fail to
>    point this discrepancy out when the opportunity arises.

Shouldn't  this read  "rad (0.01 Gy) becomes the rem (0.01 Sv)"  ?   Units are
such slippery things even when you have a grasp of the concept.

Zack Clayton
zclayton@epa.state.oh.us
Ohio EPA

                               !