Re: High School Level Radiation Education Curriculum?

David Lee wrote:

>        I am posting this summary of a message I received here at Los Alamos
>National Laboratory, from a non-RADSAFE member, in the hope that some
>RADSAFERS may have helpful expertise/knowledge regarding this issue.

David,

If you haven't done so already, you should contact Jay Shelton at Santa Fe
Prep <jshelton@roadrunner.com>.  In fact, we published the honors-class
articles in RSO Magazine recently (2 articles: March-April 1998, INS
Laundry in Santa Fe: Alleged Contamination vs. Site Measurements; and
July/August 1998, Search for Radionuclide Contamination from Santa Fe's
Wastewater Treatment Plant).  Both articles showed what a good, thoughtful
curriculum can achieve!  You might also try Joel Cehn
<jcehn@worldnet.att.net> and Jim Hylko <JHylko@msn.com>.  I know that both
men have worked with high school curricula in the past and may have good
information for you.  In the meantime, if you'd like a copy of the
articles, let me know.

Sharyn

Sharyn Mathews
Vice President, Publications and Marketing
RSA Publications, publishers of
RSO Magazine and Radiation Protection Management

e-mail: publish@radpro.com   voice 860/228-0824  fax 860/228-4402