Re: High School Level Radiation Education Curriculum?

The best text I've seen in use at the high school level is a text produced
by the ACS.  The public high schools in Springfield, IL have a course
called Chemicals in the Community (CHEMCOM) which is designed for
non-science students as the one science course needed for graduation.  One
chapter addresses the use of radioactive material in the community.  I
usually get asked by one of the high schools to present the class and bring
in check sources and radiation detection instruments for several of the lab
experiments that cover the principles of distance and shielding.
If you want the exact title of the text I can probably get it next week or
you could ask the ACS for its name.

Robert Lommler
Radiation Safety Officer
Illinois Department of Nuclear Safety