Re[2]: Independent assessment of rad environmental monitorin

     Suggest you try Emmett Bolch at the U. of FL and Chuck Roessler (check
     the HPS Membership to contact them,

Subject: Re: Independent assessment of rad environmental monitoring
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at guardian
Date:    1/26/99 6:25 AM

Although not qualified myself, university professors often meet the the
public's definition of independent.

At 04:19 PM 1/25/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Our Radiological Environmental Monitoring Program (REMP) at the Millstone
>Nuclear Generating Station is being challenged by an outside group.  They
claim
>that the utility cannot be trusted to monitor itself.  We would like to
have an
>independent assessment of our program.  The person or organization doing the
>assessment cannot be in bed with the nuclear industry.  Any suggestions of
who
>that could be?
>
>Claude Flory
>Senior Scientist
>Northeast Utilities
>floryca@gwsmtp.nu.com

Nolan E. Hertel, PhD, PE
Director, Neely Research Center
Professor of Nuclear Engineering and Health Physics
G. W. Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
Atlanta, GA 30332-0425
(404)894-3717 or -3601
facs: (404) 894-3733 or -9325