Re: give me your opinion

Joe:
The training given to all RCTs at LANL is that a major injury (of which a
head  injury certainly is) is of greater concern than the radiological
conditions (excluding site specific response to a criticality).  Sure your
respirators are close by, 200 feet away in a locked locker, so 30 seconds
is very unreasonable (short) time to get a respirator on.  More like 120
seconds minimum.  If your respirators are close by, (15 ft say) how do you
keep them from becoming internally contaminated, then you have removable
trapped between you face and the mask, your still getting airborne after
the plume has died away.  Let me put it this way.  YOU (Joe Archer) are the
one with the head injury, how long do you want to give me before responding
to YOUR emergency??  Also I pack Pu-239 waste containers (WIPP Drums) they
will never burst open ( you know the details as well as I) because the
contents are not reactive.  The likelihood of this happening is less than
WIPP opening in February 1999!!!

Mike Dempsey