Re: Mad Scientist stuff -Reply

I don't believe that based on the physical half life, biological half life
or physical particle size (non respirable) that DU represents an inhalation
hazard.

I was taking this as meaning, which is more dangerous, a flying DU
projectile, or a spent round you pick up off the ground?.  I still say the
flying projectile.

No I don't think were talking about internal.  The damage from spalated
rounds comes from the burning U (oxidized because of the heat).

My own opinion.

Mike Dempsey
mdempsey@lanl.gov