RE: DeGaussing an MRI suite

You may look into the naval engineering applications, specifically
submarine detection and/or the prevention of.  Large scale applications
obviously, but another avenue to explore for additional information.
Some submariners maybe able to elaborate.  I also have heard of similar
instances developing in large whole body counting shields but never
strong enough to affect counting system electronics.  HOPE IT HELPS.