Subject: Re: DeGaussing an MRI suite
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at guardian
Date:    1/28/99 7:29 AM

Jim,

I occupied an office that had previously housed a powerfull magnet.  The
metal studs contained enough residual magnetism to affect a serious effect
on my computer monitor.  I never did get the fields measured though.  Moving
the monitor around caused effects that would have been pretty fun in the
days prior to urinalysis!

Brian Rees
brees@lanl.gov