Re:

A steradian is the solid angle described by the reciprocal of a 4 pi
geometry, i.e. 1/4*pi = .07958 geometry. It ideally qualifies the
relationship of a detector to an emitter for employment of the venerable
"inverse-square-law". That is, that the radiating flux/dose varies as the
square of the distance between emitter and detector when the detector solid
angle cross section is ² a steradian. The objective of this geometry
constraint is to provide that all emissions and detections are of equal
effeciency.

Well, I hope my definition is of practical use to you, Mike.

Paul Tyree
<mrpmt@empire.net>