Re: Paul Harvey news

Radsafe members -

Yes, it's true, Brookhaven scientists have figured out a way to use citric
acid (orange juice's main acid) and natural bacteria to remove
radionuclides and metals from soil and other waste, then separate the
radionuclides from the other toxics. We put out a press release, which you
can find at
http://www.pubaf.bnl.gov/pr/bnlpr123098.html if you want more info. The
lead scientist, AJ Francis, can be reached at francis1@bnl.gov. It's a
patented process that's been tested on many kinds of soil, etc. and
commercialization options are now being explored.

I wasn't aware that Paul Harvey had picked up on this! I'll see if I can
get a transcript and post it. Our press release went out Dec. 30, but
sometimes it's amazing to see how news travels.

Kara Villamil
BNL Media & Communications
(and Radsafe lurker)

p.s. if you want to reply to me directly, please send it to karav@bnl.gov.
I have to update my mail address so the one listed on this message is
incorrect...