Re: What are the Russian Radiation Limits?

I have computer files of Radiation Safety Standards of Russia (1996
edition) as well as Ukraine - original texts in Russian.
The basic limit of annual effective dose (without medical and natural
sources) is 50 mSv for workers (personnel) and 5 mSv for population. The
5 years dose is limited to be 100 mSv (20 annually) for personnel and 5
mSv (1 mSv annually) for population.
There are separate limits for natural and medical exposures and for
annual intake of radionuclides.
Most of the limits correspond to International Basic Safety Standarts of
IAEA.
Ask for more information to e-mail ivy@ecko.uran.ru

Ilia Yarmoshenko
Institute of Industrial Ecology