Liquid waste tank decommissioning!

Hello!

What is the procedure for putting liquid radioactive waste tanks out of
service? What I mean is if we were to replace an old tank with a new tank,
how do we go about getting rid of the old one ( if we have some trace
amounts of radioactivity still present)
Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

Thank you.

Latha Vasudevan			            Office: (409) 845-7551
Radiological Safety Officer		            Fax:    (409) 862-2667
Nuclear Science Center	                           latha@nscsun.tamu.edu
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-3575