Re: Nasal Irradiation / Thesis Availability

gerald_falo_at_chppm7__apgea@chppm-ccmail.apgea.army.mil writes:

<<  I found the following disseration listed for sale by University
      Microfilms, Inc. on their website: www.umi.com

      HEALTH EFFECTS AFTER CHILDHOOD NASOPHARYNGEAL RADIUM IRRADIATION
      (ADENOID HYPERTROPHY, TUMORS, BREAST CANCER, HORMONE DISORDERS). YEH,
      HSIN-CHIEH, PHD. THE JOHNS HOPKINS UNIVERSITY, 1998. 301 pp.

      I came in late on this discussion, so I may off track here, but here
      goes.

      Jerry Falo
      jer3ry@aol.com

I pointed out in one of my posts of 2/2/99 that the above  Ph.D. Thesis was
available contrary to a denial in Oct. 1998 from the Hopkins School of Public
Health that it was unavailable to "outsiders". The thesis submittal date to
Johns Hopkins by Yeh was June, 1997 with the award of her doctorate in 1998.
Hopkins was still denying to reporters and other interested parties in June
1998 that the research done by Yeh in following up on children treated at the
Hopkins Hagerstown, MD clinic reported in Yeh, 1997 was in fact completed, and
reported on in June 1997.

For the above reasons and many others connected with completely erroneous or
distorted statements by numerous Hopkins'  spokespersons on the health risks
of NRI vs. their own research results that I have raised the issue of ethical
breaches by Hopkins and even coverup of information needed by special
populations at risk as to prudent medical monitoring steps.

Regards,

Stewart Farber, MS Public Health
Director - Radium Experiment Assessment Project [REAP]
Consulting Scientist
Public Health Sciences
19 Stuart St.
Pawtucket, RI 02860